MINUTES OCTOBER 28, 2000
I. OLD BUSINESS
- Victor will purchase the shirts and have them embroidered for a total cost of $336 (14
SHIRTS/$24 EACH; BOARD HAD APPROVED MAX. $35). Victor will deliver them to the current
officers prior to the Sierra Lakes tournament.
TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS TROPHY
- Bid received from Bryan Inoue and Bob Sackett (via e-mail after the meeting). Board will
take up at our December 15 meeting. Stephen will ask Bryan and Bob to send in revised bids
based on a "cup" atop rather than a "golfer" atop.
1. PRESIDENTS REPORT
- Stephen proposed recognizing Victor at the Sierra Lakes dinner (roast?).
2. TOURNAMENT CHAIRMANS REPORT
- CHAIRMAN ABSENT; needs to ensure that responsibilities for Sierra Lakes tournament are
taken care of (especially prizes; $400 approved for prizes).
3. TREASURERS REPORT
- Lakewood generated a $281 net profit; Rancho Park generated a $432 net profit; projected
$400 loss for Sierra Lakes (prizes); ESTIMATED NET PROFIT OF $1000 for end of the year.
- STAN WILL BE ADDED TO THE BANK SIGNATURE CARD AND ASSUME TREASURER DUTIES BEGINNING WITH
THE SIERRA LAKES TOURNAMENT. LARRY TAYLOR WILL COMPLETE THE PAIRINGS FOR THE REST OF THE
YEAR AND GIVE THEM TO TIM FOR THE NEWSLETTER. AS ASSISTANT TREASURER, VICTOR WILL TRAIN
AND ASSIST STAN THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR. VICTOR AND STAN WILL PRODUCE A BALANCE SHEET
FOR THE NEXT BOARD MEETING ON DECEMBER 15.
4. RULES COMMITTEE REPORT
5. MEMBERSHIP CHAIRMANS REPORT
- CHAIRMAN ABSENT; DUES ARE PAYABLE FOR 2001 BY SIERRA LAKES. THERE ARE 9 MEMBERS THAT
STILL OWE US FOR 2000.
- JAMES WILL SEND OUT LETTERS OR E-MAILS.
6. HANDICAP CHAIRMANS REPORT
7. WEBMASTER REPORT
8. NEWSLETTER EDITOR REPORT
ALL ARTICLES SHOULD BE SENT BY 11/19/2000.
III. NEW BUSINESS
1. TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE FOR 2001
- BOARD APPROVED: The Cascades $55, February 12 (Monday), Los Serranos North, $45, April
13 (Friday), River Ridge, $45, June 8 (Friday), Rancho Park, $45, August 10 (Friday),
Griffith Park/Wilson, $45, October 12 (Friday), Sierra Lakes, $65, December 7 (Friday)
2. 2001 BOARD MEMBERS
- POSTPONED VOTE UNTIL DECEMBER MEETING. WILL ASK FOR NOMINATIONS FROM GENERAL MEMBERSHIP.
FY 2000 BOARD DINNER- APPROVED 12/15 DINNER AT CLAIM JUMPER.